[scribus] Scribus becoming un-useable with a magazine

Martin Zaske LINGO martin.zaske at lingo-benin.org
Mon Oct 18 08:58:25 UTC 2021

On 17.10.2021 21:37, JLuc wrote:
> Maybe he's on windows or Mac and scribus doesnt run so well on these
> OS as it runs on linux ?

We are using Scribus in our office on some 10 OpenSuse or Windows 10
machines and no stability issues for years.

Recently I had shared about one or two crashes in 1.5.7. That was
specifically when I was testing the - for us - new features around the
variable text item. So I am still testing those and not yet using for
production for deadlines. Sadly, it is always my time that is limited
for testing and more detailed reports. I have created test documents and
those are working fine, it seems to be just one or two operations (I
forget) that consistently trigger the crash, so I learnt to avoid those.

Otherwise we have done magazines for years, 20 pages A3 in full color at
600 dpi (long story); we have done entire books with line-art on every
page and all that on very humble hardware and without a need to cut into
separate files.
 We are using Scribus basically for every publication in our office,
even for a one-page-poster or flyer, because we have full control on the
layout and it handles our minority language very well.

We can recommend Scribus for Windows and for OpenSuse as a stable and
useful tool that we appreciate a lot.

hth

Martin

--
courriel par Martin Zaske, membre de :

LINGO-Bénin
B.P. 48
Bassila
Rep. du Bénin

Tel. 00229 / 97.44.62.95
Tel. 00229 / 62.58.04.48

Organisation Non Gouvernementale
Decret No. 2001-234 du 12 juillet 2001
No. d'enregistrement 6/033/P-SG STCCD-DCDI-ONG
du 05 septembre 2012

Numéro IFU: 6201702245702

www.lingo-benin.org