[scribus] text frame wrong location?

Erik Ulijn erik.ulijn at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 15:05:56 UTC 2021

Hello scribus,

I've been using Scribus since 2016 to layout our magazine (called
Stoomtractie) of the voluntary organization SSN (you can locate us in
Rotterdam of www.stoomstichting.nl.)

Currently I'm running in the problem of incorrect location of text frames.
I do the following:
 1. Start  Scribus 1.5.6 on my Raspberry Pi4 running the latest updated
version of Raspbery Pi - OS (debian for ARM64)
2. Open test.sla (tried to attache it but the server complaining the body
was too long)
3. On Page 4 LMB so it is active.
4. enter T to draw a text frame.
5. press F2 to set the correct sizes of this frame.
6. if I enter YPos=10 the frame is removed form page 4 and moved in front
of page 1.

I'm clueless of whats  happening here, I 'm NOT complaining, really; I'm
very impressed with the software (started using 1.4 but moved over to 1.5
because of layout requirements. Printer normally is very impressed with the
quality of the PDF I send him. I really don't see the need
 to use for example InDesign.

I double checked scribus on my desktop AMD64 debian 10.8, but got the same
result. Windows 10, same result. So it must be something in the .sla...

Any help appreciated,
--
Erik Ulijn
SSN- stoomtractie redactie.