[scribus] text frame wrong location?

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Sat Feb 13 07:39:22 UTC 2021

Hello Erik,

I have no clue about the actual error you get, but what I do know that
object position numbers in Scribus can sometimes be a bit illogical.
If I remember correctly an object "logically" placed on one page can
show on another page. Hopefully someone else can provide more input, I
very rarely enter position numbers for items manually (see more
below).

I am wondering if you very often:
> 5. press F2 to set the correct sizes of this frame.

I find it a lot easier to set up guides for placement and sizing of
frames, and even place the most common frames (or even groups of
frames) in the scrapbook.

Shift-clicking when inserting a text frame will fit the frame inside
the closest guides.

With snap to guides turned on, adjusting the size and position of the
frame to the guides is easy.

When an object has been sent to the scrapbook, double clicking the
scrapbook entry inserts the item on page in the position it had when
it was sent to the scrapbook (dragging it from the scrapbook though
will mess up the position, so dragging from the scrapbook I have
always found less useful).

(Maybe you are already using these "tricks", but I have found many
users are not well aware of them, so I think they are often worth
repeating.)

/Peter