[scribus] scribus 1.5.6 svn on linux Xubuntu and 1.5.7 svn on Windows

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Fri Feb 12 13:21:04 UTC 2021

Le 12/02/2021 à 12:42, Gimp-Werkstatt a écrit :
> 1. I installed scribus 1.5.5 as it comes straight out of the package
> system. And in addition I installed 1.5.6 svn daily built (trunk).

This is very old.
Nightly build can be installed as appimages downloaded here :
https://gitlab.com/scribus/scribus/-/jobs

It's 1.5.7 now

> 2. I worked out a template in which I created several styles. For
> headings and standard text only.After I wrote some text and formatted it
> with the styles, I found the headings too big and changed them in the
> template. Unfortunately, the new formatting was not adopted in the text.

text size can come from 3 origins :
- localy applied text size applied using the Property Palette (this should be avoided : prefer using defined named styles)
- applied named character style
- applied named paragraph style : character style can be defined in the character style pane of a defined and named
paragraph style

It probably means that you had a localt applied text size.
Avoid that.
You can clean-delete the localy applied styles using the little brush button right next to the apply style SELECT (menu).
First select the part of text you want to clean.

PS : It' not clear to me what's the difference betwen paragraph and character style cleaning but that's not an issue :
they do clean.

JL