[scribus] problem with Styles

Nicki Griffin nickigriffin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 14:49:07 UTC 2021

Dear List,

I have recently unpgraded to Scribus 1.5.6.1 having upgraded the OS on my
MacBook Air. I use Scribus to create a PDF for a print version of a
bi-annual poetry newspaper. Having upgraded, I've had to recreate the
settings from scratch as the master pages, styles etc were no longer
working properly. I put in the Styles I use afresh. I create a file for
each poem and prose piece in Open Office to import into Scribus.

My problem is that the Styles are no longer working. I've tried applying
them both in Story Editor and directly into the document, but they are not
applying the text as I have it set up in Styles. Previously I created
Paragraph Styles which worked for everything. One work around I have is
that I've also created a Character Style for each style. This worked for
the poems, but not the prose pieces.

Things seem to work better if I copy and paste from Word into the text
frame, then apply the style. This is all more labour intensive than
previously.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Nicki