[scribus] I am new to Scribus: interested to know if Scribus has options for automatically creating references, index, footnotes, endnotes, bibliography, glossary based on my inputs

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Aug 21 17:30:03 UTC 2021

On 8/21/21 12:10 PM, Susmita/Rajib wrote:
> Thank you, Mr. Pittman, for replying to my email with a lot of information.
>
> So is there an option to have a list of words fed into scribus as a
> separate text file and have that list as Index? Yes, references,
> bibliography, et al, have to be entered manually. But any shortcuts
> available to make the work easier?

Hi Rajib,

Scribus is a frame-based layout program. So you create pages, then on those pages place your text inside text frames. For the main body of your book, you would presumably have a series of pages with the frames linked from one page to the next, and your text imported from a file. You could then add one or more pages to the end with text frames into which you load your index list from a file.
There aren't built-in shortcuts to this process.

Greg