[scribus] Problem embedding fonts in pdf and workaround

Simon Heimbach s.heimbach at explosive-software.de
Sun Oct 25 11:02:11 UTC 2020

Hi Joe,

outlining fonts always works fine. But it does come with a cost:
 - you text cannot be searched anymore and copy-and-paste does not work
 - the quality might be worse on screens as an outlined text cannot be
hinted and kerned
 - in print the printer cannot adjust the text when needed

Why are you not using the 1.5-series of Scribus. I am using it for years
and it does a much better job for me then 1.4. Just remember that once
you saved a file with 1.5 you cannot go back to 1.4 as it won't open it.

Simon