[scribus] Scribus 1.5.5 (Debian/Testing) doesn't export link text to PDFs

Gary Dale gary at extremeground.com
Sun Jun 14 20:46:43 UTC 2020

I'm having some problems with Scribus Generator but this one looks like
it is with Scribus itself. I have Generator populate a text box with a
website name and fill in the PDF annotation as the same text prefixed
with http://. When I look at the text box and the PDF annotations, they
seem to be OK - they contain what I expect.

When I export the Scribus document to PDF, the lnks work but the text
isn't there. I can click on where the text box is and it launches a new
tab in my browser open at the correct address but there is no text to
suggest that the expanse of white space is actually a link

I'm pretty sure this isn't a Generator-produced error because I actually
had to fix the first link (of two) on each page because Generator
somehow filled both links with the second link's data. Or is there some
setting I need to turn on in a PDF annotation to get it to display text?