[scribus] Lighten dark colors

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Fri Jul 10 10:39:00 UTC 2020

Le 10/07/2020 à 12:00, Bert Driehuis a écrit :
> If your printer is an offset outfit, chances are they are using
> Fogra39.

Yes they are !
I could talk to a pre-press person and learned that the ICC is Fogra39.

He said that "Offset paper increases red chanel by 2 or 3%".
That could contribute to darkening effect.

> You probably don't have a cheap way to do a trial print, do you ?

Printer proposes Cromalin or Chrome-alun.
It's 200km away... So maybe i'll go there and also have a splash in the closeby mediterranee.

> Don't know an answer to your question, but using ImgeMagick to fix up
> jpg colors will significantly reduce image qsuchuality,

Ah :-/
What sort of quality is reduced with ImageMagick ?
Even with that quality loss, maybe lessening that bad "dark area flattening and darkening" effect
would be worth some imagemagick quality loss ?
I could apply it selectively.

 > so figuring out the ICC profile is your best bet.

Until now i used "ISO Coated V2 300%" becauses this was the ICC for the previous printer.
Now i'll switch to FOGRA.
But even before, I didnt achieve perfect photo rendering except on specific photos.

JL