[scribus] Proper setup for a book

Christoph Bartoschek ponto at pontohonk.de
Thu Feb 27 22:38:19 UTC 2020

Hi,

thanks Gregory and Silvain. This is not a professional project. Most likely
I am going to print it on my own laser printer on DIN A4 paper or in a
local print shop.

I have attached an archive with the two possibilities that I have been
talking about.

no_horizontal_distance has the pages next to each other.
horizontal distance has 20mm distance between the pages.

The generated PDF looks the same in both cases but the horizontal_distance
one is harder to create:

- Create a image frame on the left page with size 376mm x 236mm.
- Scale the image non-proportionaly to the frame (Is not necessary if the
image has the right proportions) by letting it fit into the frame.
- Change to free scaling such that the following step does not change the
picture.
- Reduce the image frame to 191mm x 236mm. Position the frame at (-3mm,
-3mm). The left page is done.
- Copy the image frame and paste it to the right page.
- Change the x-position of the picture inside the frame to -185mm.

The horizontal distance PDF seems to include the image twice and is twice
as large.