[scribus] how to not-print master pages

Jonas Bechtel post at jbechtel.de
Wed Apr 1 16:55:37 UTC 2020

On Wed, 1 Apr 2020 19:29:30 +0200
ZASKE Martin <zm at revue-gugu.org> wrote with subject
"[scribus] how to not-print master pages":

> Hi list,
>
> long time no write, but it just means that all is working just fine.
>
> Master pages are also working fine here, using versions 1.5.4 and
> 1.5.5.
>

> Just finished layouting a longer document with very colourful headers
> and borders. Now hoping to print or rather PDF-export without the
> master pages. And then shoot from our office printer.
>
> Why? Because the master pages have been done first and are right now
> correct. But they use up a lot of expensive toner, and at the moment
> we are concentrating on the text.
>

> In the layers window I cannot see the master pages. This is the place
> where typically I temporarily un-print certain elements.
>

> Please send your ideas, I might use this again and again, once I
> found a working solution.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Martin
>

> --
> ZASKE Martin
> responsable GʊGʊ
> BP 50 - Bassila - Bénin
> tel GʊGʊ 66.66.11.11
> tel pers 97.44.62.95
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

I would open the master page and place a white rectangle form on this.

When in master page editing mode, you can add a new layer with some name like "WhiteFillLayer" or even more speaking. Then you can disable/enable the layer depending on where you are printing this.

BR
 Jonas Bechtel

Bits & Bäume Dresden, Tour de Natur, GRÜNE LIGA, Konglomerat e. V., ADFC, (ex-)tuuwi, Hochschulgruppe Rad, Institut für Bahntechnik

Schlafende Projekte: CityConcierge, IKaRad, TerKur
Neueste Idee: Radfernbahn Berlin-Dresden, Dresden-Leipzig -> radfernbahn.de
    & Corona Divided Cities Conzept - http://jbechtel.de/site/sonstiges/covid19/