[scribus] Image issues

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Jan 2 10:32:08 UTC 2019

hi jonas

> I did a quick search and found this issue:
> https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=6518

this link contains my thoughts about getting scribus to optionally
"force" (or help) the user to keep all resources in one directory and,
then, always relative links.

a "simple" patch would probably not be that hard to create:

- add a checkbox in the document creation / settings.
- refuse links to external sources that are not in the directory where
  the .sla is.
- if the option is checked always store the links as relative paths.

of course, one can dream of more, where scribus would copy resources in
standard sub directories and more...
but a basic implementation would already be a huge improvement for some
workflows.
personally, i don't 100% need it but it would be useful for the .sla
files i share on github.

ciao
a.l.e,