[scribus] PLacing images, and making transaprent

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Mon Sep 17 22:06:33 UTC 2018

> Gesendet: Montag, 17. September 2018 um 23:26 Uhr
> Von: "Joseph Hogan" <ecotwo at gmail.com>
> An: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> Betreff: [scribus] PLacing images, and making transaprent
>
> Hello,
>

> I have 2 images that I need to place on my document.
>
> I have a banner on top of thepage.
>

> I have a second image that I want to place partially on top of the
> banner, and it has a lot of white on it.
>
> Is there a way to make the white part of the image 100% transparent.

Hi Joseph,

Yes, there is a way, but not in Scribus, which provides only very basic image editing features. It's better to use an image editing programme like GIMP or Photoshop and save the image with added transparency as ORA or PSD, respectively, and then import it into a Scribus image frame.

HTH
Christoph