[scribus] Load text on-the-fly from external file?

Jonas Bechtel post at jbechtel.de
Sat Mar 24 08:28:59 UTC 2018

On Fri, 23 Mar 2018 09:55:59 +0100
JLuc <jluc at no-log.org> wrote with subject
"Re: [scribus] Load text on-the-fly from external file?":

> Le 22/03/2018 à 08:30, ale rimoldi a écrit :
> > syncing text with a markdown source would be wonderful, and i'm
> > ready to discuss with other programmers, how to get his done in
> > scribus.
>
> There are some reports about this :
> https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1791
>
> Not specifically about markdow, but markdown fits very well in this
> proposition.
>
> I've also explored ideas on how it could work :
> https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=10651
>
> « Proposition : lets call these text frames 'sourced text frames'. »
>
> It explores solutions for « When to sync and how to secure workflow
> and prevent access conflict ? »
>
> « this request is intended toward enabling basic cooperation
> using some cloud storage for the file bits. »
>
> JLuc
>

> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

Hello,

I want to contribute some opinion which I also have added to https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1791 So this mail is "duplicate".

- Have you heard of restructured text markup? It could be worth considering to support that. Anyway I have started a wish-list: https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=15215

- One solution not mentioned in the tickets could be to create a single command-line tool + shared library which converts markdown to the Scribus XML format which then can be loaded directly into the text frame. Advantage: all the markdown utilities (RST, txt2tags, ...) out there could generate Scribus output. This could be some "advertising" for Scribus.

- I suggest to consider somehow to include marks so that a Python script or the Scribus internal TOC mechanism can ask for the position of some references (or use the reference mechanism of Markdown/RST etc in some other way).

BR
 Jonas