[scribus] tables - grouping and ungrouping

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Jul 4 08:09:56 UTC 2018

hi jospeh and john

> I spent ages trying to figure out tables, as I was used to the
> InDesign ways of formatting.
>
> So to format the cells, you need to ungroup them to make the changes
> you need, then select the cells / rows / columns either by shift
> +click each item or drag the mouse around the items to select then
> re-group or group then again - should be in the same menu as Ungroup.

you don't need to ungroup the table to edit the content of the cells.

depending on the version, just double click on the cell or
alt-double-click on it.

in many cases, it's better to avoid using the tables tool in scribus.
as you already found out, it needs more work to be a ready for
production.
as an alternative you can use tabulators or import the table as a
vector drawing / bitmap.

ciao
a.l.e