[scribus] Not Able To select An Object

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Dec 16 16:07:47 UTC 2018

On 12/16/18 10:21 AM, LYNDHURST-M wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
>
>  After playing with this for two days I finally realized that this was a
> "sticky key" problem and sure enough I found sticky tools checked on the
> insert menu.
>
> As this also happened in the recent install of 1.4.7 does this mean that
> sticky tools checked is the default, or did the new install inherit sticky
> tools from the previous install of Scribus 1.4.5?

I had never used sticky tools so I had to check it out. A quick way to shut it off at the moment (while leaving the sticky tools setting alone) is to right-click. At any rate, settings would be carried over from 1.4.5 to any 1.4.x, but probably not to 1.5.x, since config files are in a different location in 1.5.x.

Greg