[scribus] feedback needed: snap to items

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Tue Apr 3 16:59:21 UTC 2018

Le 03/04/2018 à 11:52, ale rimoldi a écrit :
>> 2. Keeping in mind that this idea is getting quite complex it would
>> be nice if objects that are snapped to a ruler, would move too, when
>> the ruler is moved or changed...
>
> but, then it should be explicit!
> if something has snapped, than it gets an option with the reference to
> the thing it has snapped to.
> scribus should not try to find out what is possibly snapping by
> querying the positions of each item...
> if the feature is well prepared (with a clear focus and limits), it
> might be not so hard to implement...
> if it's only half planned, it will probably become a twelve headed
> monster...

This feature and the comparison also
reminds me of the "link items" feature (Item > Link)
Objects move all together when one is moved.
It works a bit like groups except it's not groups.
That's very fine But things become weird
when one resizes one of the linked item :
the other item moves.
The moves depends on which side of the frame is moved.
There seem to be some logic based on some sort of symetry
and the UI even proposes a "change linking point" dialog,
but the logic is... quite unpredictable.

JL