[scribus] Noob question: Made business-card.sla. How to print?

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Fri May 5 10:43:39 UTC 2017

Hi there,

thank you for trying Scribus and sharing your progress.

Seems you are in the US. In Germany it works best, if you find a
print-shop (why not online) first and then create your Scribus documents
and then export your PDF.

Print shops have guidelines for you (my print-shop for example needs 3mm
bleeds all around for digital printing and they prefer PDF/X-4 but they
can handle PDF/X-3 if you would be using an older version of Scribus;
your print-shop will have different guidelines, mine are just examples)
and resources for downloading like Colour Profiles for their different
products (machine/paper combinations).

Please do not hesitate to make a phone call to a print shop and tell
them about your noobity. It is a problem that will go away with time. I
keep reading that print shops prefer customers who ask and get it
right(er) over customer who get rumours off the internet and submit
files which need a lot of manual correction or several cycles of
submit/proof. Mine are very helpful on the phone (for example when I try
a product for the first time like stitch-binding, where their
documentation is unclear (bleed for binding-side?)).

hth

Martin

--
ZASKE Martin