[scribus] Icons

William Bader williambader at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 18 03:40:48 UTC 2017

>If a large T means a text frame then a large G could mean a graphic frame and a large S followed by a tiny e could mean a text frame with easy access to the Style Editor

The problem with letters is that they are language specific.

Many Linux applications use svg for icons to avoid issues with scaling bitmapped images. For example, try running

  find /usr -name '*svg' | less

Scribus already has a few svgs in resources/iconsets/1_5_0/other/ and scribus/plugins/picbrowser/icons/

I think that inkscape https://inkscape.org/ is a popular open source tool for making svgs, but it takes time to learn. https://inkscape.org/en/learn/
I think that Android switched from color icons to black and white icons because the icon bar background is controllable by themes, and color icons could be hard to see on color backgrounds. Desktop applications like Scribus control the background of the icon bar and don't have that problem.

William