[scribus] Vertical centering of text in a frame

Ken Springer snowshed1 at q.com
Fri Mar 17 17:26:21 UTC 2017

My apologies to everyone, I simply forgot to post my solution.  And I
probably should have posted my end goal.

I had a small chart with rows of data.  I wanted every other row to have
a light grey background.  The rows were of varying height.  There were
no borders for the rows.

What I eventually did was group the rows, then duplicated the group.  I
removed the data from the duplicate group, and put the grey fill in
every other row.  Placed the duplicate group behind the original group,
then positioned the duplicate group vertically until I had the
appearance of the text being centered vertically in the frame.

Finished that off by grouping the two groups.  :-)

Ken