[scribus] Vertical centering of text in a frame

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Mar 12 20:38:45 UTC 2017

On 03/12/2017 02:12 PM, scrib at wexfordpress.com wrote:
> Should have read the subject line!
>  For vertical centering I use blank lines with a single space character in
> each  before and after the text lines, exit the story editor and adjust the
> vertical height of the text frame from the bottom line. But again I use the
> story editor to start with.

As of versions 1.5.x we now have built-in vertical text centering. In
the Text Properties palette, under the Columns and Text Distances
sub-tab, the first item is Vertical Alignment, with a drop-down list
choice between Top, Middle, and Bottom.

You will find some tweaks of this by adjusting the First Line Offset
(another sub-tab).

Greg