[scribus] Quick route to story editor.

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Mar 16 15:30:28 UTC 2017

On 03/16/2017 10:56 AM, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
> No! Please:
>
>> this all discussion makes me really sad.
>> a.l.e
>>

> Why sad? Be happy people love this program so much, they really try to
> find a solution which comforts (more or less) everyone.
>
> This is open software: Though most of the folks are "only" users, they
> are much more engaged in developing the project than with commercial
> software. What would be our chance of discussing this "problem" in an
> Adobe forum?
>
> Scribus is one of the highlights of open software in the world. We all
> use it, some even on a daily basis, for professional work. It's not the
> program we complain about. It's a minor detail we are discussing.

I think what a.l.e is voicing is a sense of inertia in the process. The
need for updating SE has been talked about for a long time.
Two approaches might help, and they're not one or the other, both can
happen at the same time.
The first might be to make suggestions about individual things that
could be done with the current SE to make it more useful. If these seem
useful to others and do not involve extensive code editing, they could
be tried in SVN.

The other is to formulate a collection of operations and/or GUI features
that the final repaired SE should have. This could be informed by things
tried out using the first method.

Greg