[scribus] Quick route to story editor.

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Mar 16 13:01:53 UTC 2017

On 16/03/17 13:11, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 1:52 PM, ale rimoldi wrote:
>
>> if you have a better solution than removing the context menu entry, please
>> make a proposal that is comparably easy to implement.
>
> I'm not sure what counts for comparably easy and I'm not qualified to tell.
>
> But if double-clicking for in-frame editing is so undiscoverable, how
> about this?

since scribus is not bullet proof in detecting the mouse events, double
clicking not always starts the in frame editing.

also, many people have a hard time with double clicking.

if you're in doubt, you might look for a context menu. and if you find a
"edit text" that opens the story editor you might think that this is the
only way to edit text.

i would never do that.
but i've seen some otherwise brilliant people go that way.

this all discussion makes me really sad.
a.l.e