[scribus] Quick route to story editor.

scrib at wexfordpress.com scrib at wexfordpress.com
Wed Mar 15 16:50:21 UTC 2017

 From: "Craig Bradney" <cbradney at scribus.info>
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 12:19 PM
To: "Scribus User Mailing List" <scribus at lists.scribus.net>
Subject: Re: [scribus] Quick route to story editor.

> On 15 Mar 2017, at 10:03, ale rimoldi <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:
>
> hi john
>

>> I know that at least one of the developers doesn't like the story
editor

> could you name him so that we can fire him?

You raised the ticket Ale :)

ALE was critical of the Story Editor before. I am used to it and like its
features. I didn't want to deal with
 massive changes both for my own comfort and for the accuracy of what I put
in a book I am writing.

> no, not eliminating.
> but replacing it with something that can show the formatting as tags (but
no wysiwyg)

Maybe. That's your idea...

 I hope that something gets settled well in advance of the release of
1.6.0. TeX  style
 tags like "\bi{foo}" to print the word foo in bold italics could be
added.

 In general additions don't do much harm. Deletions tend to obsolete
existing skills and old documents.

John C.