[scribus] Scribus now ready for our language (this is a thank-you note to Peter, my hero for today)

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Wed Jan 25 20:01:59 UTC 2017

Peter,

this is getting better every week, thank you very much.

I was about to write you a mildly-grumpy reply and decided to try it
out. And high and behold: It works!!! (1.5.3)

I had known about styles having their languages and that makes total
sense, especially in our project with many mixed-language-documents (and
in a tiny country with 52 languages). But just now I discovered that the
list under styles characters is now much much longer than the list under
Document-set-up.

Soonish (after some travel) I will figure out how to apply that to
default styles for any new text in certain documents or
document-templates for our office. Really nice.

So my mild grumpiness is getting smaller and smaller and I would just
keep wondering what we need to do to make it unto the special-VIP-list
for setting up an entire document as Anii (versus French). This is of
course less important (just about our pride or maybe about the
self-esteem of that small people group).

For now we rejoice that we can makes nices documentses and do spell
checking without getting bleeding fingers from fighting against some
default. Peter, you made my day!

Thanks again,

Martin

--