[scribus] 1.5.3

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Wed Jan 11 18:47:25 UTC 2017

Dear a.l.e and all,

today I followed the link, found and installed. Seems that 1.5.3 is less
"released" than 1.5.2 but I do not care. I will start using it for small
self-contained projects.

At first test, our long-standing problem with the tone-marks (combining
diacritics) on top of the letters of our alphabet is finally fixed. As
the bug-manager has told me a few weeks ago. This is indeed huge, using
Christoph's words from his 5th December announcement.

I only had little time today but still want to say thank you for the exe
and for all that work on the new text-engine.

I also love that the text-properties have finally found their own window
(and that stuff still looks familiar, so that I can use this without
re-learning much).

I am already sharing this news with several colleagues who also work in
development of minority languages. Go Scribus.

greetings,

Martin