[scribus] Making 1.5.3 work / appimages

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Jan 18 14:47:17 UTC 2017

On 01/18/2017 06:54 AM, JLuc wrote:
> What I do is
> - download the appimage
> - make it executable that change its properties to +x
> - launch it run it call it
>
> When launched there is a first dialog
> that proposes to create a shortcut on desktop,
> and i usually say NO because i run several versions
> and i dont want too many shortcuts on my desktop.
> Then a second dialog asks whether it should continue later to ask the
> first question again or stop
> and i say YES go on asking
> then scribus runs.
>
> I've never had issues with this process on Ubuntu 14.04.
>
> BTW I dont understand what you mean with "change my OpSys to one that
> keeps me up-to-date"...

I was able in the past to get an appimage to work by making a setting
for $PYTHONHOME, though I'm reluctant to do this, since when I did, it
messed up other uses of python. I don't know why the appimage can't find
the system setting for python -- everything else I use has no trouble.
Anyway, I don't have any particular need for the appimage.

Greg