[scribus] Making 1.5.3 work / appimages

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Wed Jan 18 11:54:25 UTC 2017

What I do is
- download the appimage
- make it executable that change its properties to +x
- launch it run it call it

When launched there is a first dialog
that proposes to create a shortcut on desktop,
and i usually say NO because i run several versions
and i dont want too many shortcuts on my desktop.
Then a second dialog asks whether it should continue later to ask the first question again or stop
and i say YES go on asking
then scribus runs.

I've never had issues with this process on Ubuntu 14.04.

BTW I dont understand what you mean with "change my OpSys to one that keeps me up-to-date"...

JLuc