[scribus] designing instructional posters on code/programming -- lots of syntax highlighting

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Jan 8 17:50:23 UTC 2017

On 01/08/2017 04:52 AM, Andreas Vox wrote:
> Am 08.01.2017 2:03 vorm. schrieb "Gregory Pittman" <gpittman at iglou.com>:
>

> Basically render frames generate a PDF via an external command and places
> that into an image frame. That is why you should not rasterize PS/PDF
> images on export if you use render frames.

I've looked at this again, and now can finally understand the setting in
PDF Export about embedding the PDF. Yes, this does make a big
difference, with the output indistinguishable from using pdflatex alone.
I've updated the page on the wiki to show this:

https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Render_frames_and_the_LaTeX_listings_package#Two_methods:_Head-to-Head

Greg