[scribus] Errror 6, again

Owen Cook owen.cook at gmx.com
Thu Feb 23 23:10:07 UTC 2017

>  I use Slackware Linux.  In 2009 I wrote a pdf book about designing book
> covers via Scribus which had modest success.
>  It grew obsolete so i withdrew it.
>
>  Now I am  writing  some print desktop guides including one on book cover
> design using Scribus 1.6.0.
>  I am using the latest svn version so that I can work from the version
> closest to the forthcoming 1.6.0
>  Since there is no nightly version for Slack I compile using Jluc's
> script.
>
>  For several releases now I get a Signal 6  error when I try to add or
> modify a paragraph style. I haven't determined yet
>  what is the last release that doesn't  have this error. But what I need is
> for my nightly compile runs to generate a
>  version without this error.
>
>  Has anyone else noted this error?
>
>  Is there a path other than the Jluc script to get the latest nightly
> release of 1.5.3?

Hi John,

It is possible that something has got out of kilter.  Can you start your  version of Scribus from the command line, invoke an error and then look at your console and advise the output from the failure.

Also, I have never understood why you go and download the whole repository for each build. Why don't you do what everyone else does,

 1. Get the base repository ( See https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Building_SVN_versions_with_CMake )

 2. Build it

 3. And then on after, do a # svn up followed by a # make install   (The link above is *really* worth following )

Owen