[scribus] Errror 6, again

scrib at wexfordpress.com scrib at wexfordpress.com
Thu Feb 23 21:07:35 UTC 2017

 I use Slackware Linux.  In 2009 I wrote a pdf book about designing book
covers via Scribus which had modest success.
 It grew obsolete so i withdrew it.

 Now I am  writing  some print desktop guides including one on book cover
design using Scribus 1.6.0.
 I am using the latest svn version so that I can work from the version
closest to the forthcoming 1.6.0
 Since there is no nightly version for Slack I compile using Jluc's
script.

 For several releases now I get a Signal 6  error when I try to add or
modify a paragraph style. I haven't determined yet
 what is the last release that doesn't  have this error. But what I need is
for my nightly compile runs to generate a
 version without this error.

 Has anyone else noted this error?

 Is there a path other than the Jluc script to get the latest nightly
release of 1.5.3?

 Note: I changed my addy in an effort to keep Scribus email separate from
other mailing lists.

 I will of course welcome all responses.

 John Culleton