[scribus] need a wiki-whisperer please

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Aug 17 23:36:07 UTC 2017

On 08/17/2017 04:27 PM, ZASKE Martin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just noticed that the entry-page for the success stories on our wiki
> does show all years up to 2016 but not 2017:
>
> https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Category:Success_Stories
>

> There is a page for 2017, here:
>
> https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Success_stories_2017
>

> And it looks properly tagged for category:
>
> [[Category:Success_Stories]]
>

> So maybe all that is needed is some trigger to render the entry page afresh?
>
> I noticed some inconsistencies in the capitalisations on some of the
> page names, look at the initial "s" of stories, compare the links for
> 2011 and 2012. But this should not prevent 2017 from getting its own
> link, I believe.
>
> Sorry, I do not know enough about wikis to fix this.

This is a problem we've had for some time. Quite a number of pages have
not been added to various indexes, which is supposed to happen
automatically if a Category is placed at the top of the wiki page.
I looked on the 2017 page and there is the appropriate Category mentioned.

malex has been the administrator for the site, but he seems to have
fallen out of the picture. I have sent him emails but gotten no reply.

Greg