[scribus] need a wiki-whisperer please

Jonas Bechtel post at jbechtel.de
Fri Aug 18 06:34:39 UTC 2017

On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 19:36:07 -0400, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:

> On 08/17/2017 04:27 PM, ZASKE Martin wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just noticed that the entry-page for the success stories on our wiki
> > does show all years up to 2016 but not 2017:
> >
> > https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Category:Success_Stories
> >

> > There is a page for 2017, here:
> >
> > https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Success_stories_2017
> >

> > And it looks properly tagged for category:
> >
> > [[Category:Success_Stories]]
> >

> > So maybe all that is needed is some trigger to render the entry page afresh?
> >
> > I noticed some inconsistencies in the capitalisations on some of the
> > page names, look at the initial "s" of stories, compare the links for
> > 2011 and 2012. But this should not prevent 2017 from getting its own
> > link, I believe.
> >
> > Sorry, I do not know enough about wikis to fix this.
> >

> This is a problem we've had for some time. Quite a number of pages have
> not been added to various indexes, which is supposed to happen
> automatically if a Category is placed at the top of the wiki page.
> I looked on the 2017 page and there is the appropriate Category mentioned.
>
> malex has been the administrator for the site, but he seems to have
> fallen out of the picture. I have sent him emails but gotten no reply.
>
> Greg
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

Maybe it helps to dummy "edit" the category page? So click on "edit source" and then "save" the unmodified text. This will not cause a revision history entry but it will regenerate the page. I had a similar issue with article inclusion (so when I edited a page included with {{Pagename}} by another page the changes weren't reflected on the including page unless I dummy edited the latter.)

Maybe it helps to temporarily remove the category "publication" from the category success story as the wiki engine may have some problems with recursion?

Best Regards
 Jonas