[scribus] Spellcheck problem

Owen Cook owen.cook at gmx.com
Tue Sep 6 08:55:44 UTC 2016

> Third time of asking ............
>
> Can nobody tell me why Spellcheck no longer works in Scribus??
> Spellchecking works fine in other programs I use on this computer,
> (LibreOffice, Thunderbird etc). I have the Hunspell installed and only
> ONE Dictionary but all I get is the error "Not in Dictionary"
>
> It used to work before perfectly. My OpSys is the latest PClinuxOS
> 64-bit and Scribus ver 1.4.6.

Using 1.5.3 Rev 21438

I had the en_us installed and it didn't want to spell check.

With my environment LANG variable being set to en_AU.UTF-8 I then installed the hunspell_en_au dictionary, but again, no spell checking.

I then installed hunspell_en_gb and spell checking proceeded without any problem.

All a bit of a mystery to  me but as I don't use the spell checker, something I had not bothered about

Owen