[scribus] Applying styles to a text box or especially to a table grid

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Wed Jun 1 12:23:54 UTC 2016

Hello Barbaros,

respect for having done it at least once manually and checking your
time. I might have given up (and ask for a trick) much sooner than 1.5
hours.

I did some experimenting:
Next time, before you insert a new table, you can go to > menu > edit >
styles and edit the default paragraph style. In my version Scribus 1.5.2
the default paragraph style is being used for the creation of new tables.

You may want to be careful with your workflow and naming: if you have a
complex document with more elements. You should probably assign
different styles (different names) to all other items, before ever
changing the default paragraph style.

If you want to change fonts and sizes etc. in an existing table, it
depends. If you have not changed much, you can also try changing the
default paragraph style and hit "apply". This might indeed change your
entire table-text rather rapidly. But it might also change things in
your document or in your table, which you did not expect. Some testing
is probably in order.

hope this helps,

Martin

--