[scribus] Scribus 1.4.6 - cannot click on '-' button on Properties boxes

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Jul 19 09:37:08 UTC 2016

hi

> I learned Preferences
> should only be set when no document is open. I obeyed this instruction,
> changed the settings as above and suddenly everything was fine.

it's not a bad idea to close all documents before changing settings but
it's not necessary.

except for some settings like the list of available fonts, settings can
be changed at any time and will be applied as soon as you confirm them.

and here comes the reason why it might be simpler to close all documents
first:

- settings that modify the Scribus behavior (like the user interface
language) are directly applied.
- changes that apply to the documents (like the color management
settings) will be applied to the document you will be creating in the
future but not the open ones and not to the existing documents that you
will open.

... since -- at first -- this is hard to grasp, you'd indeed better
close all documents, and spare yourself some doubts.
but if this gets cumbersome, there is a faster way, once you become a
Scribus expert.

ciao
a.l.e