[scribus] rpm for scribus 1.5.x for Opensuse

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Mon Jul 18 17:56:08 UTC 2016

Ican't download much of anything related to
Scribus in my Slackware machine. I have tried
Seamonkey, Firefox, Chromium and even Opera.
Possibly I screwed something up when I set up my
new router. At some point in hte process of
drilling down through web pages I get an error
message like this:

The connection was interrupted

The connection to wiki.scribus.net was
interrupted while the page was loading.

    The site could be temporarily unavailable or
    too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check
    your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a
    firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is
    permitted to access the Web.

I will fight this problem on my own time.

Instead I have set up a recent copy of OpenSUSE
on another machine. I remember seeing somewhere
an RPM for 1.5.x somewhere. But I can't find it
because of the problem stated above.

Can some kind soul give me the web address for
 the  rpm for 1.5.2 or even 1.5.1?

Failing that, will jluc please repost is script
for compiling the latest svn? I lost it when my
previous computer crashed. I backed up /usr/local
but the backup is defective.

I have some vital invoice files in 1.5.x
sla format.

--

John Culleton
Wexford Press