[scribus] Embedding fonts in a PDF file

Michael Holmes mh.holmes at verizon.net
Thu Feb 18 21:30:19 UTC 2016

> Hi Michael,
>
> Since you seem to be new to the mailing list, please note that top-posting is generally considered as something that makes effective communication unnecessarily complicated. Please add your replies to the bottom of the message you reply to. This is no criticism, only a friendly reminder :)
>
> As for your problem: Did you make sure that there were no other font options like Subsettting activated by default in the font section of the Prefs/Doc Setup? If so, that seems to be an issue on Mac OS X, because I tried on Windows 7 and several Linux distros, all of which worked as expected.
>

> Christoph

I just downloaded the 1.5.1 release candidate.  In that version, it
seems to work.  It embedded all the fonts.  I didn't have to use the
Fonts tab of the PDF Export dialog to make it happen.

I'll just start using 1.5.1 instead of 1.4.5.  I don't know if this was
a known problem that was fixed deliberately, or whether the code updates
just incidentally fixed it.  Either way, as long as it's fixed I'm happy.

Thanks to the scribus dev team for this great tool!

Michael