[scribus] total ink density problem

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Tue Sep 22 20:39:51 UTC 2015

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 21:27:16 +0300
Kaspar Rammo <kaspar at rammo.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with "total ink density"
> parameter Scribus 1.4.5 generated PDF file.
>
> Case A:
> I use Scribus for making a cover for a book.
> Design is tiff file made with Gimp. I converted
> RGB file to CMYK file. The result of the
> command "identify -verbose filename-CMYK.tiff"
> is: "Total ink density: 270%" and "Profiles:
> Profile-icc: 1829087 bytes SC paper (ECI)".
> That is ok. If I add this file to Scribus and
> export to PDF/X-1a file, the result of
> "identify -verbose cover.pdf" is: "Total ink
> density: 400%" and "Profiles:" rows is not
> existing.
>
> Case B:
> I use Scribus for making the content of the
> book in grayscale. If I export this to PDF1.3
> file the result of "identify -verbose
> cover.pdf" is: "Total ink density: 400%"  but
> should be "Total ink density: 270%".
>
> Can anybody help me and tell me what the
> problem is?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Kaspar
p://forums.scribus.net

On my website I have posted a file:

http://www.wexfordpress.com/SWOPcoated5_240.icc

---that is a slightly modified version of the
more usual icc file of a similar name but which
limits ink density to 240%. A kind soul on the icc
mailing list built it for me. This should keep
ink density within proper limits.

If you have any problem with it please let me
know.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press