[scribus] total ink density problem

Kaspar Rammo kaspar at rammo.net
Tue Sep 22 18:27:16 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have a problem with "total ink density" parameter Scribus 1.4.5
generated PDF file.

Case A:
I use Scribus for making a cover for a book. Design is tiff file made
with Gimp. I converted RGB file to CMYK file. The result of the command
"identify -verbose filename-CMYK.tiff" is: "Total ink density: 270%" and
"Profiles: Profile-icc: 1829087 bytes SC paper (ECI)". That is ok. If I
add this file to Scribus and export to PDF/X-1a file, the result of
"identify -verbose cover.pdf" is: "Total ink density: 400%" and
"Profiles:" rows is not existing.

Case B:
I use Scribus for making the content of the book in grayscale. If I
export this to PDF1.3 file the result of "identify -verbose cover.pdf"
is: "Total ink density: 400%"  but should be "Total ink density: 270%".

Can anybody help me and tell me what the problem is?

Best regards,

Kaspar