[scribus] Pdf file size

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Fri Oct 30 17:27:37 UTC 2015

I've produced an environmental report in Scribus 1.5 under windows.

With best resolution pictures the .pdf file is 136 megabytes, and with
low resolution it's still 11 megabytes.

My clients are having problems uploading these files when making funding
applications because of their size.

Two questions then...

   What type and settings for PDF output is most likely to produce
   compact output ?

And

   I seem to recall somebody saying that you could run Scribus
   .pdf files through some tool or other, which made them a lot
   smaller without noticeable loss of quality. Can anybody
   remember which tool this is ?  I have access to Linux boxes
   too if needs be.

Many thanks, J/.
--
John Beardmore,MSc EDM (Open),B.A. Chem (Oxon),CMIOSH,CEnv,MIEMA,MEI
Reg. Office: Unit 1A Manners Court, Manners Avenue, Ilkeston. DE7 8EF

---