[scribus] Improvements in 1.5.1

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Thu Oct 1 15:55:30 UTC 2015

Le 01/10/2015 12:00, Peter Nermander a écrit :
> In this case the two menu items would, if I don't understand wrong, open
> more or less the same dialog window containig the same settings. One of
> them would allow you to edit the settings for the current document, the
> other would allow you to edit the settings for new documents.

Yes ! This is allready the case,
but many users dont understand it
and try try try to change some setting in the wrong dialog
with no effect.

If these proposed labels have enabled you to understand this,
then it's a sure sign that the labels are well choosen !

!!!!

> Another alternative would of course to go the MS Word way, always create
> new documents from a template. Then it would be perfectly logical that to
> edit the settings for new documents you would open the template, change the
> settings and then save the template.

That's an interesting alternative, yes,
but there probably would be some parts of the "open template file" UI
that should be improved also.

JLuc