[scribus] Improvements in 1.5.1

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Oct 1 07:30:07 UTC 2015

On 01/10/15 08:33, JLuc wrote:
> Le 30/09/2015 10:28, Craig Bradney a écrit :
>>> see : http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=13339
>>> Can somebody explain me why this report has been closed ?
>> Because the content of the bug doesn't present any solution that I
>> think is workable that is better than what we have now.
>
> MrB, can you explain this opinion ?
>
> I have the feeling that you dont understand my proposition.
>
> Amongst the propositions, i think the simplest and best also is to
> replace the misleading labels
> with :
>
> - Document settings
> - Default settings

i understand the default settings as the one scribus has when first
installed.

as in "back to the default settings".

personally, i am not really convinced by any of the proposals you are
making.
but, as said, the concern is valid and something has to be done.
maybe someone comes up with really good labels.

or maybe someone comes up with a completely different solution to this
problem.
hopefully one that can be applied with a short commit.

maybe someone has already proposed an alternative and you can have a
look at it and check if it solves this issue and comment on it.
and maybe that solution is also one that can be implemented with a
rather simple patch.
or maybe that solution is also worse than the status quo... who knows?

peace and love
a.l.e