[scribus] Improvements in 1.5.1

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Thu Oct 1 06:33:06 UTC 2015

Le 30/09/2015 10:28, Craig Bradney a écrit :
>> see : http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=13339
>> Can somebody explain me why this report has been closed ?
> Because the content of the bug doesn't present any solution that I think is workable that is better than what we have now.

MrB, can you explain this opinion ?

I have the feeling that you dont understand my proposition.

Amongst the propositions, i think the simplest and best also is to replace the misleading labels
with :

- Document settings
- Default settings

Its workable because it's a plain string change.

And IMO it's better than what we have now because :
- the word 'setting' in both entries points on the relationship between these actions
- "Default settings" opens a dialog that enable to actually set default settings both for a new document and for some
scribus features.

This would help avoid the commonest misunderstanding and user feedback :
":-( i change this in the setting but document is not changed"
because it makes it clear where to set what.

JL