[scribus] Scribus 1.5 problem with footnotes

Patrick Ernst patrick at aroaustralia.com
Mon Nov 23 04:31:12 UTC 2015

John, I'm not familiar with TEX so this was interesting to me. Have you ever mapped out a work flow for indexes TOCs etc? Do you use output in scribus?

Rgds Patrick

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Gudrun Exner <aon.914877248 at aon.at> wrote:

> Dear members of the Scribus team,
>
>   I have a problem using Scribus 1.5, which
> already applies footnotes.
>   I want to work with an MS-Word-document in
> Scribus.
>   This document is an article of around 30
> pages which contains around 100 footnotes. When
> I load the document into Scribus, all the
> footnotes are transformed automatically into
> endnotes and up to now I did not find
> any possibility to transform them -
> automatically - into footnotes again. I know
> how to insert footnotes into a Scribus text,
> but you have to do all the work step by step
> once more, and this is no good solution for my
> purpose. How can I manage this task more
> quickly, if this is possible at all? Sincerely,
> Gudrun

Scribus is not the only tool in the box, although
I am using it more and more and TeX less and less.
For features like footnotes, indexing, multiple
TOCs, bibliographies  etc. TeX (I use Context) is
still the best game in town. So if those are
required I go back to the old program suite. For
easy manipulation of graphic inserts, ease of
selecting and using fonts, and a host of other
tasks Scribus is the new champion.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press