[scribus] Handling of pdf cover file from LSI in 1.5.0 vs.1.5.1

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Fri Nov 20 21:55:33 UTC 2015

In my book in progress i have to deal with the
situation where my readers may use the
INgramSpark/LSI cover layout feature (an
excellent template BTW.) Jast for testin I
recently created a cover template from LSI jut
for research purposes. The one major flaw in
the LSI template is the placement of the barcode
block on cover four. It is centered in the bottom
of the page, but most publishers prefer another
position closer to the spine.

Starting with the same cover file template I
opened it in Inkscape.  I could click and
drag the block with no other fussing.

Using Scribus 1.5.0 I could either call for the
template on the command line or open it
using the file menu "open". I could still move the
barcode block.

Using 1.5.1 I had to hit "ungroup" twice to free
up the barcode block for movement.

Is this difference between 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 in
handling pdf files deliberate? If so I will note
this difference in my new book.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press