[scribus] Scribus 1.5 problem with footnotes

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Sun Nov 22 07:41:05 UTC 2015

> Gesendet: Freitag, 20. November 2015 um 13:28 Uhr
> Von: "Gudrun Exner" <aon.914877248 at aon.at>
> An: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> Betreff: [scribus] Scribus 1.5 problem with footnotes
>
> Dear members of the Scribus team,
>
>   I have a problem using Scribus 1.5, which already applies footnotes.
>
>   I want to work with an MS-Word-document in Scribus.
>
>   This document is an article of around 30 pages which contains around 100 footnotes.
>   When I load the document into Scribus, all the footnotes are transformed automatically
>   into endnotes and up to now I did not find any possibility to transform them - automatically -
>   into footnotes again.
>
>   I know how to insert footnotes into a Scribus text, but you have to do all the work step by step once more,
>   and this is no good solution for my purpose.
>
>   How can I manage this task more quickly, if this is possible at all?
>
>   Sincerely, Gudrun

Hi Gudrun,

You are encountering two basic problems, the first one being the unfinished state of footnotes in 1.5.0. There are some improvements in the soon-to-be-released version 1.5.1, but the feature still won't work to your satisfaction in the next test version. The second problem is that our text import filters, including the new ones (XTG and RTF), don't reflect the new text features yet. Once all the rough edges in the new text features have been removed, it'll be possible to update the import filters.

For the time being, you have to resort to copy and paste endnotes into footnote frames.

HTH,

Christoph