[scribus] Scribus 1.5 problem with footnotes

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Sat Nov 21 11:53:53 UTC 2015

Le 20/11/2015 13:28, Gudrun Exner a écrit :
>    I have a problem using Scribus 1.5, which already applies footnotes.
>    I want to work with an MS-Word-document in Scribus.
>    This document is an article of around 30 pages which contains around 100 footnotes.
>    When I load the document into Scribus, all the footnotes are transformed automatically
>    into endnotes and up to now I did not find any possibility to transform them - automatically -
>    into footnotes again.
>    I know how to insert footnotes into a Scribus text, but you have to do all the work step by step once more,
>    and this is no good solution for my purpose.
>    How can I manage this task more quickly, if this is possible at all?
Footnotes are quite new a feature and it requires more tests and more care to deliver its full potential.
Would you create a report in http://bugs.scribus.net ?

I can imagine 2 new features that would satisfy your expectancies :
- an option to create footnotes instead of endnotes when importing an ODT document
- an option in an endnote's context menu to change it into a footnote
	or in a footnote's context so as to change it into an endnote
	or in the marks dialog to manage these tasks globaly or on any of the notes.

JL