[scribus] 'Tête-Bèche', 'Upside-down' or 'reversible' book pages

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon May 11 13:10:20 UTC 2015

hi eric,
> These are graphics-intensice, color matched files, so 'm very wary of
> using such external ttols as I don't know what they actually do to the
> files (some convert to ps then back to pdf, or even worse convert all
> to rgb bitmaps). And honestly the learning curve of pdftk and similar
> tools is daunting.
if you're a linux only shop doing graphics, i think that you don't come
around to do a bit of testing of those tools, get used to the command
line tools and maybe build small GUI front ends tailored to your needs
for the ones you most use.
(or finding somebody doing that for you)

it does not be today -- the choice to give the instructions to the
printer seems very sane to me -- but at some time you will need them.

and if you share the solutions, other people will be able to improve
them and give feedback! :-)

scribus is a DTP and not a Pre-Press tool... it would be nice if a set
of (nice, correct and friendly) tools for pre-press could be created
around Scribus!

ciao
a.l.e