[scribus] 'Tête-Bèche', 'Upside-down' or 'reversible' book pages

Eric Hanuise eric.hanuise at flatlinedgames.com
Mon May 11 12:50:47 UTC 2015

On 11/05/15 14:44, Peter Nermander wrote:
>> With Slackware plus my own downloads I have
>> pdftotext, pdftk, the Gvim editor, Gimp,
>> Inkscape the huge Texlive suite and many others. I
>> think I would attack the OP's quest with bursting
>> the document to individual pages using pdftk,
>> sorting them in reverse order, and write a script
>> to rotate them 180 and so on.
>>
> Bursting seems overkill, I'd start with jPdfTweak (it has a GUI at least).
>
> The Shuffle/N-up tab can handle both rotation and re-ordering in the same
> action.

Thanks all.
These are graphics-intensice, color matched files, so 'm very wary of
using such external ttols as I don't know what they actually do to the
files (some convert to ps then back to pdf, or even worse convert all to
rgb bitmaps). And honestly the learning curve of pdftk and similar tools
is daunting.

I was looking for a production-ready, inside Scribus solution.
I'll output two pdf's and let the printer do the imposition using his tools.